Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My Christmas Window

       We often see our lives through the windows of our own eyes. I found myself looking into the window of my Christmas this year. At first I was worried because this is the first time I will be on my own. I felt myself getting down about being alone but there isn't anything to be down about. 
       This is the first time in a long time that I will truly be able to enjoy Christmas, to sing Christmas carols at the top of my lungs and play it non-stop in my car wherever I go. I can go see my family and those who are important to me and not worry about a time frame. I can go and just have fun. 
      To be honest I don't remember I bought my parents gifts that I wanted to buy them. I was glad to be able to get them something that I think they will enjoy. I know that gifts are not the most important things but being able to give the gifts that you want to give means more than any present under the tree.
      It's strange because this year I have less money but I already know that I am having a better Christmas. It doesn't matter how much the presents cost or how many are under the tree it's all about the joy of the day.
      My Christmas window is warm and light, a smile decorates the faces of me and my children. There is joy, there is laughter, the presents are unwrapped because it doesn't really matter what's in the boxes. It's a picture perfect Christmas and even though that doesn't exist in reality that is what my Christmas is this year. It's the peace, joy and love. This one day the two things that matter are the babies, the son of God who came to earth and my children. My Christmas is already perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment