Sunday, December 12, 2010

Synchronicity

I had a boss who once told me that when things happen all together it was called synchronicity. I have had a weekend where everything seemed to fall into place. I call it God.

I was having a very stressful day and had a lot of worries on my mind. I was driving down the street and the car next to me had a license plate that read Jshua19. I pulled out my bible and had my passenger look up Joshua 19. It wasn't anything but allotment so I wasn't sure what it was about. I then had her look up Joshua 1:9, that was it.
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
It was totally random and not something you would expect to see just driving down the street but it was there and it was just what I needed. It cleared my mind for about 2 hours then I was about ready to have an anxiety attack.
I was really nervous and afraid because of what I had to face. I turned on Air1 to calm me and they started talking about Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God and the peace of God that transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Then to top it off the next three songs on the radio spoke about no fear.
It totally uplifted me and gave me a peace that I couldn't explain. My life is not what one would call normal right now and I have so many things to stress me out and bring me down but I can't let it. I stand with a peace that I can't explain. God's got my back, and my front and everything else.

1 comment:

  1. I love days like that, where there is no doubt that God was speaking to you loud and clear.

    ReplyDelete