Monday, December 31, 2012

Keep Hanging on

Some of you may remember the picture of the kitten hanging onto a rope with the tagline, "Hang in there." It was popular before the internet and was on cards, photos, and inspirational items. The little kitten had it's paws wrapped around a big rope with it's claws digging in. The way the picture appeared it seemed that there was nowhere left for the little kitten to go but up. That is the kitten had enough strength to make it back up there.
I feel a little like the kitten today, I am at the end of my rope and I'm hanging on. I however cannot climb back up I have decided that I need more rope. It's a simple fix to an age old problem and I don't know why anyone didn't think of it before. Just give me some more rope so I can continue on my way, because I'm not so sure up is the direction the kitten was going, maybe it was trying to get down. So instead of being at the end of my rope I am going to get some more.
I love and adore my children but this morning they have caused me to do things that I don't usually do. It could be that with the season there is junk food everywhere, cakes, candies & cookies and my house has been no exception. There is candy all over the place and my kids think it's fun to eat all at one time. I however don't have that desire and I think the candy has made me sick. My dear children have found the stash and while mommy was busy cooking got into it. This in turn caused me bag up every piece of candy in my house and put it by the door. So, if anyone wants a large bag of candy let me know.
My dear son who needs a hair cut was the victim of my scissors this morning. I can't cut hair but I couldn't stand it anymore. We've been so busy I keep looking at him knowing that he needs a haircut but we don't get around to it. This morning the scissors came out and I was reminded why I don't give him haircuts. Due to my great love for my son there will be posting or taking of pictures until he gets it fixed at Grandma's house.
The chaos of life sometimes comes at us and we just react. Perhaps I was a bit hasty in taking all of the candy away from my children, but it's not only for their good but mine as well. I can get easily pulled back into emotional eating and I don't want to go there anymore. The haircut was a good thing, because even though it may look bad, now it's finally going to get done. There is a method to the madness. Life goes on and I keep hanging on, however if anyone has rope to spare I could use it, I'd like to get down.

No comments:

Post a Comment