Monday, May 2, 2011

Take each moment

Take each moment as if it were your last. Live today like there is no tomorrow. We are all encouraged to live life to the fullest to enjoy it while we have it. I have lived for many years relying on tomorrow knowing it will be there when I wake up. It has worked for me this far and I hope will continue to be the same for a long time to come.
The news however makes me think of the end. There is great triumph and joy now that Osama Bin Laden is dead. The United States are once more united with a great victory, one that has eluded us for years. There is no telling what will happen now. We have beat the bad guy and if you watch the movies it tells us that the war is over. It would be wonderful if that was true.
I may be a bit of a pessimist but I cannot help but wonder if this is only the beginning of the end. The amount of devastation in the world cannot be ignored. Worldwide tragedies are happening more frequently and it is hard to ignore. Haiti and Japan within a year and a half of each other.
It could be something else entirely, it could be that because we are now so connected worldwide we are learning about these things. We did not have this type of communication even 20 years ago. I found out about the death of Bin Laden on facebook. People are connected in a way that most of us would not have dreamed about. I can chat with my cousin via webcam thousands of miles away. I know what is going on in her life more than friends I have in the same city.
As I sit and write this I know that my blog goes over the world wide web. There is a potential for this to reach every part of the world. If it does is a different story. The world has changed and will continue to change. Communications, rulers, and money; each one is different than only a few years ago.
I have the freedom today to write what I feel because of the changes in our world. Today I have decided to take each moment because I don't know when it will be my last. I have seen so many changes in my few years and many of them good, one day it will end. I want to live my life to show others that in the end there are things that matter and things that don't. I want to make the most of what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment