Monday, May 23, 2011

Wait for you

It seems like life is an eternal holding pattern somedays. We wait in traffic, we wait for lunch, we wait in line at the grocery store. We are always waiting for something. Waiting for payday, waiting for the weekend. We are always waiting and wanting something else.
I know that there are things worth waiting for and that's what I am looking forward too. All of the things worth looking forward to cannot match enjoying today. We spend all this time waiting that we forget about the little things that are most important. The smile on your child's face and the joy they have when you get home from work. The love a child shares when they give you a hug.
There are days when the it seems like I am just waiting for bedtime, waiting for the day to end. Today has been one of those days. It's been never ending, screaming children, refusing naps, eating bengay, calling poison control, wet pants = mommy's wet shirt. It's been one of those days. I know that it will end, I know that tomorrow will come, that I will be able to get some sleep tonight.
My daughter who is only two years old understands the meaning of the word wait. She doesn't like it all the time but she knows what it means. She will wait if she is asked but usually not very long. There are days when we can be like that. God calls on us to wait and we get impatient. We don't want to wait, we want it now. We want to rush life decisions that require waiting  and God's timing, not ours.
Waiting on God, that is what I am doing. I don't know what my tomorrow will bring. There are things I am waiting on God for. He is giving me grace to realize that it's waiting that makes it all worthwhile. God can do all things, we might want it now but he knows when the right time is. God, I lay it all before you, I give you the desires of my heart and I wait for You.

No comments:

Post a Comment