Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Forgiveness

There is a moment in time where you realize that God has healed your heart. Today my dear daughter pulled out a picture album that held pictures of the past. She pointed to the pictures and said "dad" with a smile on her face. That was the moment I realized that I had forgiven him. All the things I have been through, all the pain, tears and hurt has passed away.
Lately I have been analyzing it over and over and thought did I ever really love him? Why did I get married in the first place and I have come up with a million different answers. One of them is truer than the others. I did love him and looking back there was moments that he loved me. There was love there, but it wasn't a godly love.
God places people and circumstances in our life for a reason. I am a stronger woman today because of what I have been through. It has made me who I am in a sense but that time in my life does not define me. I  thought for a long time that I was going against God's will because of the choices I made. As I continue to walk the direction that God is leading me I find that I am going the right way. The choices I made was not a detour or the wrong direction it was growth. It brought me to a place in my life I wouldn't be without it. Some may question my understanding but it's true. It is a journey that each person must travel and only with prayer can a person make the choice. It wasn't the choice I thought I would have to make but God has blessed my life. It has not been an easy road but God never puts us through more than we can bear. I have found forgiveness for myself and for him.
Farewell X, I hope that your life is changed. I pray that you find God in a personal way. I want you to have a full and blessed life. I hope that you can find happiness in a godly relationship that we never had. Your children love you, show them the fatherly love as Christ loves us.  "The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make his face shine upon you, and be gracious to you; The Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace." I forgive you.

1 comment:

  1. Forgiveness unlocks the door to the rest of our lives. Once we forgive someone of a wrong committed, we can move and toward the the next steps that God has for us. Forgiveness brings us closer to God, and affords for that unique peace that only comes from having God's forgiveness flow from Him, thru' us toward others.

    Uncle Kenny

    ReplyDelete