Monday, June 13, 2011

Strong Enough

God has a way of working things out that we don't understand and can't always comprehend. The past week I was feeling a bit down and just wanted to take some time on my own and seek God. I climbed a mountain and breathed in the beauty of it all and offered my prayers to God and he heard me.
Over 3 weeks ago I was asked to teach youth group, my thought was to do something on courage so I could use a video clip I had but then things changed. I started thinking about courage and strength. A full week before the class I knew what I was going to speak about. It was about being strong and having courage. It's not the way we usually look at strength, it's an inner strength.
Then God always takes it a step further. Sunday morning I got off work early and managed to take a nap before church and when I went out to my car it didn't start. Just wouldn't start, wouldn't turn over, it wouldn't do anything. So I thought I could do it and tried to roll the car out of the garage. It rolled and rolled, if my foot wasn't on the brake it would've rolled onto the street. I wasn't strong enough to push it on my own and had to ask for help. I got help and a ride to church and things were looking up.  My throat however had a different thought, it started swelling and felt sore. I felt like my entire mouth was swollen and it hurt to speak.
I taught the class and had a wonderful time doing it, I don't know how I made it through but God gave me grace. We talked about being courageous even when it's not the cool thing to do. The strength it takes to do the right thing. Strength we learned is not only about our muscles but so much more.
Step it up one more notch in service with Pastor, his theme had been modesty so what would that add? God did it again. His theme of modesty was about the choices that we make and letting material things and other people dictate the choices we make. We give up our modesty and dignity by making choices that dig into our morals. What does that mean? It means that we have to show strength and courage to do the right thing even if it could cost us everything.
I don't know what tomorrow will bring. I have prayed and my car still has not started but God has a purpose for everything. I know there is healing, for me, for my car, for my life. I choose this day to not let the trials of this life bring me down. They will come and they will go but my love of God will stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment