Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A year in my own life

It's been a year as of June 6th. It's been a rough couple of days and I wish that it was better but it's not. I have had my ups and downs through it all but I have managed to keep good spirits. There are days when everything is working out great and others when I let things get me down. I know that I have to stay positive and look at the good in life.
I struggle because I have so many decisions to make and it is not only my fate but others in the choices that I make. I pray for wisdom but there are some moments I just don't know what choice to make. Some say how can I let a person walk all over me and continue to push the boundaries. It's not about their lack of respect it's about my personal conviction. I don't want to be the person who is spiteful and causes issues because I am upset. I have to think about what is best for all parties involved and it is not always about making sure someone learns their lesson. It's about forgiveness and grace.
I want the best for my children and I know I am doing the best I can. There has to come a point when the communications line open and a measure of nicety is shown. I want to show them that even though I don't care for someone they can still love. I have often taken the high road and played nice even in times when I shouldn't have. I don't have to be mean just because. I am not a spiteful person and even upsetting circumstances cannot change that. I have had my doubts, I am human after all. At this point it is time to move on, to start enjoying life for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment