Sunday, September 11, 2011

Truth

We all love the famous line from the movie, "Truth, you can't handle the truth!" We hear that statement and  think it's not true. We can handle the truth, we know what is really up. Do we really know what the truth is? I have had times where I thought I knew what the truth was. I thought I knew what was happening. Something was wrong that's all that I knew and then I started praying for the truth. It's funny when you start praying for the truth it starts to be revealed. It happens quickly, so quickly that you may forget what it is you asked for. It's overwhelming.
I have prayed for the truth twice now, the first time it completely changed my life and opened my eyes. I was so sure of what was going on but I was wrong. My intuition told me that something was going on. The answer that I found was different from what I thought. It turned out to be worse. Could I handle the truth? It floored me, it wasn't something I was able to grasp completely. It took a few days for me to process it all, even longer for me to work through it all. When I finally get to the place where I think it's all going to be okay, something else comes up.
The second time I prayed for the truth things started happening. Things that I had no control over started happening. The problem was that I started to see the truth but in order for anything to be done I had to stand up. It's not easy to stand when no one is listening. It's like screaming at the top of your lungs in a soundproof room. It takes more energy to get attention than one would imagine.
The truth, we all want it, the problem is we don't know what to do when we get it. We have to be strong enough to do what's required. I wasn't strong enough, not when this all started. I was living my life happily denying what was going on. I made a choice when I started this journey to be strong. I couldn't give up, I couldn't give in. It's not just for me, the choice I made was because there are so many others that have to face what I am facing. No matter where they are in their journey it's not an easy one.
I have had moments where I want to give up and give in but I have to remember that it's not just about me. It's about me, my kids and everyone else. I didn't know how strong I was until it was required and now that it's required I continue on. I have to make myself heard because I know the truth and I am free.

No comments:

Post a Comment