Friday, January 24, 2014

Solutions for life

I've been guilty of going to those I know and asking their opinion, finding out how things work in their life and trying to fit it into the situation I'm going through. When I say I'm guilty of it, I mean I'm more like an expert at it. Some of my blogs have been first heard by my closest friends through relentless questioning. Because I am naturally curious at everything I will research things to death. I don't always have time to read novels but I do read plenty of articles on the internet in my research. Tip of the day, don't believe everything you read on the internet. You have to weigh the good and the bad, and take the information given with a grain of salt. In this age of access at our fingertips we could take any subject and try to find the answers on the internet. You won't find them there, and the more you look, the more you get confused. 
I would often start a conversation with, "I was on the internet" and a groan would come up from the other side of the phone. "What did you find this time?" The truth is that not all information is bad, not all is good. The problem is when we take everyone else's information and advice and try to make it our own. 
I have felt for some time that I should write this blog, mostly for my own good. I find myself looking up topics online that don't lead me to the right places. I'm not saying I go around looking for things that are bad, but the views that they bring out, don't always reflect what I should be thinking. I have a book that has more useful information in it then any of these articles. The problem is there is no direct solution for exactly what I am going through. I've checked. The difference is, this book has guidance and solutions that will stay with me for my entire life and if I follow it, all these things I have questions about will fall into place. 
This book, (the Bible) if you weren't aware by now has been very helpful. It doesn't give me the exact situation, but it's got the best information. I have so many times prayed for what God wants me to do in my life and where my life is headed. The most important thing is what I felt lead to do when I started praying about it a year and a half ago. I was called to be a light in the darkness, see John 1:5. I was called to share my story and tell others about what I've been through and what God did for me, see Acts  1:8. I was called to be a mother to my children and woman of God, see Proverbs 31:10-31. I am called to show grace and forgiveness because I have been forgiven, see Romans 3:23-24. 
I try to seek God's will and what he wants me to do in my life. I keep praying and seeking, there is no exact word on what I am supposed to be doing. If life were that easy then everyone would be doing the right thing. I can't tell you what my future is going to look like in 3 days, 3 months, or 3 years. I hope for what it could be, but I keep moving forward, pressing on to the final goal. Hebrews 12:1-3.

No comments:

Post a Comment