Friday, January 8, 2016

Starting the Year right

I got a text asking me how things were going and I wasn't really sure how to reply. Nothing in my life has changed recently, but my life has come so far in the last two years. This is something I realize when I started reading Thin Within again. For those of you who know me, you know that with this book I found freedom in Christ and was able to lose 100 pounds. It's only been a few days and already I have found that I forgot everything I learned. In trying so hard to find my balance in my life, I learned that I was trying too hard. 
The last couple of years has been intense. I am in the same position in my job, but it's not the same.  I have faced situations that have brought extreme stress to my life. Part of it was due to work, this is what happens when you work emergency services. The other part was being in a relationship, my first real relationship after my divorce. Add to that learning how to live with parents again after being out on my own. Even though I had a great job and I still love what I do I was really uncertain of what I was doing in my life. 
Not knowing really where I was going coupled with the stress in my life brought me to the lowest point in my life. I started going back to school, and now I am 1 credit away from graduation. 
I found healing in Thin Within and I am so glad to be doing it again. God brings things together to work for the best. I joined a group for support, because when we have support we are able to accomplish things. These are the things that I have learned. The most important thing I have learned is this, "When there is no vision, the people perish." Proverbs 29:18. 
I have a vision, I have hopes and dreams for my future. I may be a grown up but it takes a while to figure out what we are doing in our lives. I think I finally figured it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment