Thursday, March 3, 2016

Writing

I was challenged that I should be writing more in my blog. It's true, it's something I should be doing more of but sometimes life gets in the way. Along with working full time, going to school, homeschooling my kids, spending time with my amazing boyfriend, I am also working on losing weight and being healthy. 
Busy! My life is so busy. The good news is I needed an extra class for school and instead of taking basket weaving I am taking Creative Fiction. The class is something that is right up my alley. I have been writing fiction for years but I have never had any professional feedback. I was hoping that my Professor would be an author, but this was not the case. The feedback that I have gotten from my class is not what I expected. While I did get some I had more telling me that they loved my work. 
Does this mean that I have a real career in writing? It's always been my dream but with the amount of writers and books out there it's a hard thought that I could make a difference. Why would anyone pick my book over someone else's? These are things that I ask myself. I know that I have written things that I like to read and others around me enjoy. That's only a handful of people. I have self published two of my books and while they have reached a small market, they aren't huge hits. Both of them were written before the time I was 18 years old. I was so young! My writing and my writing style has changed since then. 
I tried writing a book that was loosely based on my life and in the end it didn't work. There was no end. I didn't know how it was supposed to end. I wrote, and wrote, and wrote. Pages of a book that has no point.  In the end it wasn't really about my life. I started a story with no point and that seems to be my issue. There are so many great ideas but if there is no ending how do you begin? 
I finally found a story that I have an end to. I can't tell you about it or you would never read it. It just came to me and I wanted to write it. I have been writing it for about a year and a half now. It's not over yet, but I've also started school since that time so my writing got stalled a bit. It's far from over, but it's not far either. Such is the curse of writing. You have the thoughts running through your head and you never want it to end. Once you put a story on paper it's out for the world to see. I have unlimited potential with my story, until it's done. When it's over, it's gone. It's like holding on to a dream. 
I am going to keep writing, even in the busy times of my life. It's not about the story itself, it's the need to write. We will see what next week brings and if I'm able to write in my blog. Perhaps I will keep it up. 
It's been a good 3 years of putting myself out for all to see. It's exhausting I tell you but I enjoy putting the words on paper. The sound of my fingers hitting the keys. I hope that those of you who read this enjoy it. Maybe, just maybe I may put a preview of my latest work out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment