Monday, October 3, 2016

Birthday Blog!

It's the time of year! It's my birthday Blog.

I have been good and continued to write a blog every year for my birthday. Why? Because it's a time when I can stop and assess my life. If I do it every year it will be much easier on me when I hit my mid-life crisis, right?

Last year this time I was working on my associates degree. That is done. Accomplished. Another tick marked off. I am knee deep in working on my bachelors and that is another reason my poor blog has suffered. It won't be long though, in two birthdays I will be done with my bachelors. Or at least that is the plan.

My current class is one that makes me think. One of the thoughts posed was Socrates, "An unexamined life is not worth living." When I heard that I thought of my birthday blog. This is me, examining my life.

Every day I write in my journal. I know, not the blog, but not everything belongs on a public forum, and it's a good way to keep me writing. For the past year or so I have been writing down my goals and what I would like to accomplish. I have been able to whittle down the list.

The problem with whittling down the list is that I have to find new things to go on it. I have to keep finding things to check off my list. So here goes, travel more. Explore everywhere that I can. Show my family I love them, each and every day. Write. Keep writing and don't stop. 

One year older, one day wiser than yesterday. Life keeps moving forward. So ends my birthday blog for 2016. 

No comments:

Post a Comment