Monday, January 3, 2011

A life of destiny

You look at your life and wonder where it will go. I was in that position but I am starting to get a picture of my life and complete a chapter. When I was personally going through the pain I didn't see it until I started to pray. Then when I saw what was happening in my life I knew I had to do something. I didn't know what to do or where to go. I had my family and my church to support me and even still not everyone understood what I was going through, I didn't quite understand it myself.
I have had my ups and downs and I have let things get to me but I keep going day after day, doing what needs to be done. I have not given up, I have persevered through each day. I just took one day at a time doing the next right thing and God has seen me through.
I applied for one job during the whole ordeal and I didn't know what would come of it, and I applied for this job back in August of 2010. I couldn't find paperwork I needed and had to substitute, I almost didn't go to the first interview. I had to refill out different paperwork and had to reschedule for a later date and I was sure that I wouldn't get the job. Then I had to get my GED because my home-school diploma wasn't enough. I had so much doubt that I would get it but I continued pressing forward.
I don't like filling out applications and used to avoid it all costs but I continued on. I didn't give up, I didn't give in and God opened the door. Last week they called me and offered me the job. It's not an easy job and everyday will be a new adventure and I will embrace it.
For such a time as this, we don't know why God puts us in the place that He does but there is a purpose. With all that I have gone through to get this job I have to say that it is God ordained. There is no way that I could have put this all together on my own. There were moments when I wanted to give up, say it was too hard but I kept going. It wasn't me on my own but Christ in me. This is what drives me from day to day.
God just puts all these things together in my mind and I know that I can not explain them to someone who is not in my shoes. It's just a God thing. The people that God has placed in my life because of this experience, the direction he is taking me, the job he has provided. It is something that is beyond me or my thoughts for my life. God's got this.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you not to harm you, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment